Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Where in Houston, Texas, can I find a dental technician school?


Where in Houston, Texas, can I find a dental technician school?
I am interested in becoming a dental technician (not dental assistant), but I am having a hard time finding a school in Houston, Texas that will teach me. Can anyone help me please? =(
Health Care - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Perhaps the county vo-tech school or even community college (perhaps non-credit course) would have such a program. Please forgo those private $$ career schools. One may learn about dental lab technology while in school for dental assistant if unable to find that specific program. For general career info: http://www.bls.gov/oco and can search 'medical, dental and opthalmic laboratory technicians' or such.


2
What's the deference? I know there is Dental Hygienist which requires a two year degree and pays really well. ($50k and up) And then there is Dental Assistant which only requires a certificate that takes about 9 months to complete. The pay is pretty low...about $9 hr to start. But try a community college...I'm sure a counselor can help you.

Popular Posts